Alanah Dobinson is an Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP) with a passion for assisting those with mental health, eating and weight concerns and chronic conditions engage in safe, enjoyable and healthful movement. Alanah acknowledges the vital connections between all dimensions of health and therefore aims to help nurture each of these connections in-session. Alanah practices from the Health At Every Size (HAES) paradigm which includes the following principles:
- Accepting and respecting the diversity of body shapes and sizes
- Recognising that health and well-being are multidimensional and that they include physical, social, spiritual, occupational, emotional, and intellectual aspects
- Promoting all aspects of health and well-being for people of all sizes
- Promoting eating in a manner which balances individual nutritional needs, hunger, satiety, appetite, and pleasure
- Promoting individually appropriate, enjoyable, life-enhancing physical activity with the goal of well-being, without a focus on weight.
Alanah runs both individual and group movement sessions, and is also an author of the new Safe Exercise At Every Stage (SEES) guideline for exercising with an eating disorder.
- Bachelor of Clinical Exercise Physiology