Dr Anita Chang is fully medically trained in Australia. Having graduated in medicine from University of Qld in 1993, she completed her Royal Australian College of General Practice Fellowship in 1998. As a caring GP, Anita has always strived to help her patients with challenging problems and interested in listening to their stories. Her genuine desire to assist patients with chronic conditions has been the background drive for her to seek out safe and well researched complementary medicine that can work in conjunction with western medical management.
Commencing her training with the Australian Medical Acupuncture College in 2006 she completed her Fellowship in Medical Acupuncture and obtained AHPRA Endorsement to practice acupuncture in 2010. Anita has deep interests in Chinese Medicine philosophy. She is committed to ongoing study and has learnt from acclaimed masters in this field from all around the globe. Anita now exclusively practices medical acupuncture for her patients and can individualize treatments for a wide range of conditions.
Knowing that patients benefit from medical acupuncture, it is important for more doctors to learn acupuncture. She was integral in the establishment of a comprehensive medical acupuncture course to train fellow GPs and medical specialists in this field to service more patients in our community. Her other ongoing commitments roles includes being an instructor, examiner and keynote speaker for the Australian Medical Acupuncture College.
Acupuncture modalities practiced – include filiform needles, fine superficial needles, electro-acupuncture, ear acupuncture, laser acupuncture, moxibustion and cupping.
Anita is married with 2 children and sometimes assists her ophthalmologist husband in eye surgeries. She enjoys social gathering with her friends.
- B1993 MBBS (University of Qld) – Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- G1998 FRACGP – Fellow of the Royal College of General Practice
- C2010 FAMAC - Fellow of Australian Medical Acupuncture College
- NAHPRA endorsed for medical acupuncture (Medicare rebate applies)
- Medical Acupuncture further trainings - Complementary channels, Yamamoto New Scalp Acupuncture, Chinese Scalp Acupuncture, Auricular Acupuncture, Spiritual Acupuncture
Professional Associations / Achievements / Awards
- ARACGP membership
- AFAMAC membership
- AAMA membership
- Buddhism/Spirituality – mindfulness and analytic meditations