Dr Ramsey Jabbour is a Fellow of the Australasian Faculty of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, with extensive industry experience. After graduating from medicine in London, in 2001, he trained as a General Practitioner gaining a distinction in his UK College Membership exams. He subsequently worked in the City of London, gaining experience in corporate health, injury management, and expatriate health.
In 2008, he emigrated to Australia, where among other roles he worked for over 5 years as a Senior Medical Officer at two large LNG construction sites, both in an onshore and offshore environment. In 2016, he was awarded the Deane Southgate Award for the Fellow graduating, as an Occupational Physician, with the highest aggregate mark for the written and practical examinations. He has experience in multiple industries including oil and gas, construction, mining, maritime, railroads, road transport, aviation and government organizations. .
Dr Jabbour’s key interests are management of patients with chronic pain, musculoskeletal injuries, particularly back pain and overuse conditions, assessment of work capacity and rehabilitation. He actively listens to patient’s concerns, takes time to make sure they understand their condition, and actively encourages their participation in future management decisions. He enjoys being part of a multidisciplinary team, working closely with other health professionals, rehabilitation providers and employers, ensuring optimal care for patients, and their families.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery
- Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Diploma of Family Planning
- Diploma of Child Health
- Australian Diploma of Dermatology
- Masters in Occupational Medicine
- Masters in Sports Medicine
- Member of the Royal College of General Practitioners (UK)
- Fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- Fellow of the Australasian Faculty of Occupational and Environmental Medicine
Professional Associations / Achievements / Awards
- Permanent Impairment Assessor
- NSW Motor Accidents Authority Accredited Impairment Assessment Specialist
- SIRA NSW Approved Medical Specialist WorkCover WA Impairment Assessment Specialist
- WorkCover Tasmania Independent Impairment Assessor
- WorkSafe Victoria Guidelines for Evaluation of Permanent Impairment – Office of Fair and Safe Work Qld Dept of Justice and Attorney-General (GEPI 2 Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) – Designated Aviation Medical Examiner (DAME) Certified Independent Medical Examiner (ABIME) AMA 4, 5 and 6 Guides Master Certified Independent Medical Examiner (ABIME)