Clinical Exercise Physiologist, Pilates
Gina is an Accredited Exercise Physiologist who loves what she does due to the fulfillment she derives from seeing people’s lives improve through safe, healthy and enjoyable exercise. Gina loves connecting with people and applying the most up-to-date developments in Exercise Science and Health.
In her own time, Gina loves rock climbing, painting, acrobatics, and cycling. Gina has hiked throughout Nepal and Scotland, savouring haggis and dahl alike. In addition, Gina has done voluntary work at the Woodford Folk Festival in the performing arts and at The Glasgow Print Studio with professional artists. These varied experiences allow Gina to connect and empathise with many people, be open to innovation and to develop creative and inspiring exercise programs.
Gina has extensive training in Eating Disorders for Health Professionals and uses a weight-neutral approach in her sessions to create a safe space for those with Eating and Weight concerns to engage in healthy and fulfilling exercise (see below).
Gina has experience creating and supervising exercise programs for mental health, musculoskeletal, neurological and developmental conditions. Gina addresses clients needs through a holistic approach and is interested in approaches like motivational interviewing, mindfulness and self-efficacy building to help clients meet their goals.
Gina has worked with Veterans, children, National level athletes, people on the NDIS scheme and the elderly. Gina has significant Pilates experience and has been mentored by Physiotherapists specialising in the performing arts with a focus on implementing the latest and most effective scientific research.
Special Interest Areas and Training:
- Eating Disorders
- Mental Health
- Developmental Disabilities
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy-Enhanced (CBT-e)
- Inside Out Institute for Eating Disorders: The Essentials
- Safe Exercise at Every Stage: Introduction To Eating Disorders And Exercise Workshop, Introduction To The Safe Exercise At Every Stage Guideline For The Management And Treatment Of Exercise In Eating Disorders
- Upcoming training: Family Based Therapy
- Bachelor of Clinical Exercise Physiology
Professional Associations / Achievements / Awards
- ESSA Accreditation & Member
- Member of the Student Advisory Board at QUT: Liaison with senior members of staff of the School of Nutrition and Exercise Science to provide sound recommendations for improvements to the courses in response to student feedback.
- GPS fencing (BSHS)
- Senior Girls’ athletics champion (Kyle Academy, Scotland)
- Junior Girl’s swimming champion (Ayr Grammar School, Scotland)