Liesl is an accredited practicing dietitian (DA provisional) with a special interest in weight management, paediatric and maternal nutrition, healthy lifestyles, food intolerances and allergies, and sports nutrition. Her focus is on providing evidence-based dietary and nutrition advice individualised to each client, delivered in a professional and caring way. Liesl is a firm believer that food is thy medicine but also that everyone should be able to enjoy eating. She believes that, in its simplest form, your diet is what you eat, day in and day out. It does not involve fad diets or passing food trends, and it does not have a beginning or end. By using practical dietary approaches and small adjustments, she can help you achieve good nutrition and accomplish your health goals long term.
Liesl provides client-centered consultations, where you are able to discuss your concerns and be involved in your own dietary management. Her consultations involve:
- Working with you to develop nutrition goals and S.M.A.R.T. strategies that are achievable, maintainable, and specific to you
- Empowering you with the tools and information you need to be successful with your goals
- Developing strategies to keep you motivated and stay on track
- Providing simple ideas on modifying your diet and favourite recipes to suit your taste preferences, dietary needs and budget; and
- Advice on meal planning and preparation to set you up for success.
With several years’ experience in following a plant-based diet herself, Liesl can also provide expert nutrition advice on vegan, vegetarian and other specialized diets. She is passionate about helping clients interested in plant-based diets make a successful transition or maintain a balanced diet ensuring all the essential nutrients are included.
- Bachelor of Dietetics