Counsellor specialising in anxiety and trauma
Peter is a professional counsellor with more than 35 years experience working in government and not-for-profit organisations, and in private practice. This has involved providing counselling to children and adults, consultancy and training to health and welfare professionals, managing clinical services, and in research and the development of treatment programs for abused children and adults.
Peter uses an integrated client-centred approach, individualising treatment for his clients using a variety of evidence-based methods including Trauma-informed Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Emotional Freedom Techniques, Relaxation Strategies, Psychoeducation, and Family Therapy.
Peter is committed to helping his clients develop practical and effective strategies to both address their concerns and provide lasting positive changes.
- Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Social Administration
- Accredited Mental Health Social Worker
Professional Associations / Achievements / Awards
- Australian Association of Social Workers
- Emotional Freedom Techniques Advanced Practitioner
- Specialist training in trauma recovery for survivors of complex trauma and childhood sexual abuse
- Protect All Children Today Inc (PACT) Life Membership