We hope you enjoy our first podcast interview with Dr Kieran McCarthy from Go2Health.
Here at Go2Health we have a real passion and commitment for the health and wellbeing of current and ex-service men and women, first line defenders and their families.
This has come from the military background and involvement in veteran health of both practice GPs - Dr Kieran McCarthy and Dr Ian Fraser. Kieran's time in the army as a military doctor included five deployments and time in General, Close and Special Operations. Go2Health’s other GP, Dr Ian Fraser, has spent 40 years working with veterans in Townsville.
Our experience means we know how to help people with complicated health issues stemming from their military service.
Kieran McCarthy says "I have experience working with some really complex patients – people that were really struggling. I am happy to see them now ‘kicking goals’, having made great use of our services in addition to the medical, allied health and external specialists available to them."
Most ex-military patients’ treatment is covered by the DVA.
Outcomes-focused team care
We don’t do treatment for the sake of treatment. It’s all outcome focused.
We will work on whatever outcome you want to achieve. We have worked with others to:
- Get back to sport
- Get out of pain
- Pick up the kids again
- Return to work
- Manage arthritis symptoms
- Adjust to life after the military when transitioning either voluntarily or with a medical discharge
- Change career
- Manage PTSD, depression, anxiety or suicidal feelings
- Or any other goals you have
A team approach for your health
We use a holistic model of care because it works. This model comes from elite sport, where team care has been demonstrated to deliver results. What this means for you, is that at Go2Health you have access to:
- Military-friendly general practitioners (GPs)
- Physiotherapists and exercise physiologists
- Sports dieticians that can advise on nutrition for performance, weight management or general health
- Ssychologists experienced in military psychological issues
- Remedial massage therapists
- Practice nurses responsible for each patient’s case management
For more information, please contact 3355 5540 and speak with our friendly team.